Urine, the Revenge of the Pee 12/13/2020

This week we worked on the urinary system. This is our second week of work on the urinary system. This week was (at least for me) for finishing up our projects so we can move on to the next unit. We continued work on our storyboard-that and our candy poster urinary thing. We learned about the renal veins, the kidney, the ureters, the bladder, and the urethra. All of them play an important role in the urinary system functioning properly.

Q1: How long does it take for a liquid to go through your entire urinary system?

Q2: How long can pee stay in the bladder before it causes health issues?

Q3: Are the renal veins actually blue and red? (I can’t find an image that says otherwise)

3 thoughts on “Urine, the Revenge of the Pee 12/13/2020

1. This is our last week working on the Urinary system. No the renal arterys and veins are not red and blue for real. Blood vessels that are colored blue show deoxygenated blood meaning that the blood cells have traded oxygen for carbon dioxide. Nice blog:)

2. Dear Lars,
    Your blog told me that you worked hard on your project, that you enjoyed learning about it, and you understood what you were learning about. Thank you for giving me education on your science life. Haha good day sir.
    Sincerely,
    Audrey